tiistai 27. syyskuuta 2011

Yggtyrhyrkkh Hin Dystre - Hævnfejde demo 1996


Yggtyrhyrkkh Hin Dystre - Hævnfejde demo 1996
1)
Storhed
2) Val
3) Ode
4) Hævnfejde
5) Outro

Mediafire

Here's another item dubbed for me by Grev, thank you once again, and my second Danish post, by the way. Yggtyrhyrkkh Hin Dystre certainly had one of the least-likely-to-be-spelled-correctly names ever - I don't what or who Y is or what Hin means but "dystre" translates to dark and/or grim. Yeah. The cover (scan of which is included) proclaims they play "Heathen Black Feud Metal exclusively" which basically translates into viking black metal with very raw guitar sound, raw but clear overall sound in general, some timpani and synths, very long tracks which seem more primitive than progressive and barbaric rather than epic. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this, I'm definitely no stranger to raw and primitive black metal but something in this makes it feel less than satisfying, the songwriting seems almost random at times, musicianship struggling and the drums (except the timpani sounds) are kind of annoying.

The dub I ripped was from an original demo so the quality is good and tape flaws to minimum. Nothing except low tolerance for raw black metal should prevent you from joining these Danish berserkers. Oh yeah there's no outro listed on the cover but as there is one, clearly separate from the title track, and just as long as the intro piece "Storhed" I divided it into its own track.

6 kommenttia:

Little Raven kirjoitti...

I laughed hard at the name, remind me of K'lëïxlbvrû'stæòrbr

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

If it had more umlauts, accents and whatnot it'd make a decent LLN-project name for sure!

THE DECEASED kirjoitti...

I remember reading a review in a zine of this tape back then, and that review prevented me from ordering it, hahaha!! But nice that I now have the chance to listen to it finally. Thanx!
Hm, the band's name appears to me as some sort of 'title' - perhaps it is meant as "Yggtyrhyrkhh The Grim", like "Sir Galahad The Brave", you know what I mean? Since the 'Y-word' is written in capitals, and the 'Hin Dystre' smaller below. Idiotic comparison I assume, but who knows? ;)

Btw, check Lockjaw very soon, Velkaarn! GBK is on the way!

Grilo do Demo kirjoitti...

Mein Gott, whoever gave this band its name, seems like their cat just walked on their keyboard. But I'm curious, I'm checking it out, thanks!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the comments comrades!
Well, whatever might be the story behind the band's name, one can't deny its effect for catching attention. I believe your theory is correct, TD, that's pretty much what I was thinking about too. Seems like this was a one-man band, the both pics on the covers would appear to be of the same guy so perhaps he'd be YHD himself.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

The name means "Yggtyrhyrkkh the somber one".